My brain officially runs out of juice on Fridays, so I figured it would be the perfect time to fill in this blog survey that the lovely Sam tagged me in.
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
1. Pig. Obviously.
2. Taza. Another long-standing nickname from high school that somehow made it into my adult life.
3. T. Pretty much every male I know refers to me as ‘T’. Apparently four letters is too many to pronounce.
4. Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay. Thanks, mum.
Four jobs I have had:
1. Cashier at McDonalds. Woot woot!
2. Dance teacher.
3. Financial journalist.
4. Gym manager and personal trainer.
I now work in PR for a sports company, so it’s kind of a mish-mash of all of the above (although I have no idea how good ol’ Maccas fits in).
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Titanic. I was a die-hard Leo fan when I was younger, and I lost count after 40 viewings.
2. Centre Stage. Another movie I was obsessed with as a teenager. Luckily, most of my friends were also dancers so didn’t mind me subjecting them to themed quiz nights (seriously).
3. Kill Bill (1+2). I have watched all the Tarantino movies loads of times but these ones are my favourite.
4. American Beauty.
To be honest, I don’t watch a lot of new movies so I tend to just watch the ones I like over and over.
Four books I’d recommend:
1. Les Liaisons dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons) by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos. My favourite book of all time.
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. It takes some endurance to get through this almost 1000 page novel, but it is so worth it.
3. The Carrier – Sophie Hannah. Sophie has quickly become my favourite crime fiction writer and, seeing as this was the first book of hers that I read, it makes sense to recommend it. Plus, it is also named after one of my favourite poems by E.E. Cummings (below).
4. Linchpin – Seth Godin. At any one time, I’m reading one novel and one non-fiction book, so I better include one of the latter! All of Seth Godin’s work is great, but this one particularly inspired me.
I found this question particularly difficult as I love reading so much and could recommend so many books!
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Perth, Australia.
2. Sydney, Australia.
3. London, United Kingdom.
4. New York City. Not really, but it’s next on the list!
Four places I’ve been:
1. Ibiza, Spain. My favourite place on earth.
4. Berlin, Germany.
I can dominate this question as I’ve been to many different countries but I’ll just keep it to the ones I’ve documented on my blog.
Four places I’d rather be right now:
4. New York.
I am absolutely dying for a holiday but have thankfully just booked a couple for January (Istanbul and Amsterdam, again!). Soooo excited! The places above are all places I’ve never been but have committed to crossing off the list (or potentially moving to!) in the next two years.
Four things I don’t eat:
1. Right now… white fish. That’s what gave me food poisoning last weekend.
2. Anything combining chocolate and coconut. The last time I threw up (seven years ago!) I had a chocolate coconut baked good right beforehand and, to this day, even the smell of something similar makes me gag.
4. Black pudding.
Four of my favourite foods:
1. This is like asking me to choose my favourite child… Burgers are obviously number one.
3. Sushi. Any kind will do but eel is my favourite.
4. Ice cream. Couldn’t forget about dessert now, could I?
Four TV shows that I watched:
I really don’t watch a lot of TV, so these shows are my old favourites I tend to rewatch when the mood strikes.
1. Breaking Bad.
2. The L Word.
3. Gossip Girl (not-so-secret guilty pleasure).
4. Orange Is The New Black.
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
Well, there’s not much left to the year but…
1. Paintballing this Sunday! I’ve been wanting to do it forever and the stars have finally aligned.
2. Christmas! Not so much the holiday, but the time off.
4. I’m cheating, but all I can really think about are my holidays in January and two blissful weeks off work!
Four things I’m always saying:
1. “That’s what she said.”
2. “Oh my god.”
3. “I hate my life.”
I sound like a 15 year old.
Four people I tag:
1. Em 😛
If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?
What is your favourite book and why?